Thursday, October 21, 2010

One Great Night!!

So my pictures go backwards, so scroll to the bottom and work your way up! :)
So after the show, we got told by a member of the sound crew to sit aside and wait. We were kinda like, well okay. We figured we were going to get to meet the band, we were SO excited. After the center cleared out the guy, Mike, told us to follow him. So we followed him out back along with two other girls and we climbed up onto their tour bus. Pretty sweet! Sadly, the band never came, but we hung out with the sound crew for a little while and met the oldest brother of the band Hansen. Pretty cool. There were two other girls on the bus who were beyond trashy...sad. But we just kinda ignored them and chatted with the guys. Finally, we decided we better go. Although we were disappointed we didn't get to hang out with the band, we still had a blast. This by far has been the most amazing concert I have ever been to! Both bands were amazing and put on a really good show!
Such an amazing concert!


So, Jimmy V (the guitarist with the long blond hair) was right in front of us. I yelled at him to throw us his pic and he threw one...it fell between the speakers. Then, he threw another and it didn't come far enough for me to get. Then, it happened again and again! AH! Lex spotted one and ran over and snagged it. WHOOP!


Is he beautiful or what?!
Maroon 5! They are all so musically talented.

This guy can SING!

Amazing!
Ry Cummings opened for the bands, and he was way good! You should check out his music. We definitely enjoyed him!

So excited!
Here we are with OneRepublic. There were about 50+ people there to meet Maroon 5, some won from other stations and some paid big bucks to meet the band. With 106.9, we got to meet BOTH bands. The lead singer from OneRepublic, Ryan Tedder, (to the right of me in the picture) is actually from Tulsa. We got to sit in a room of about 15-20 people, including his family, while they played us a little concert. Talk about musical talent. WOW! Sitting there and listening to them made me fall in love. The lead singer got the beat with an egg shaker, sang amazingly, and used the tambourine. The guy to my left played the cello, the guy right in the middle played out the beat on a wooden box (SO COOL), the guy next to him played the guitar and during the actual concert the violin, and the guy right next to Lexi played the xylophone and guitar. They played Secrets and All the Right Moves for us right there. So so so so so amazing!
First, we got to meet Maroon 5! I guess I should start out by telling you how I won the tickets. I knew Maroon 5 was coming to town and wanted to go from the very second I knew they were coming. They are my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE band. Well the day was coming faster than I realized and hadn't gotten any tickets yet. One day, Monday, I was driving to class and I heard about a contest on the radio. You had to be the 9th caller and choose an envelope. Well I called and called and called, and didn't get through. I gave up and was totally bummed. Then on Wednesday I was on my way to class and heard that the contest was still going on! SO I TRIED! I called 5 times, but didn't get through and I was getting ready to turn into the school so I decided to try one more time, and whaddya know?! I GOT THROUGH! I told him my name and the radio guy had me pick an envelope...I chose "I" and it was 2nd row seats to Maroon 5 and meet and greet passes! I was STOOOOOOKED! The other option was Lady Gaga tickets, which woulda been fun, but let's be honest...Maroon 5 is way better...only my FAVORITE BAND! And top it off with OneRepublic...can't complain right?! I was so excited. So anyway, Tuesday (Oct. 19) we got to the BOK center and waited for forever to meet the band. We weren't really allowed to have cameras out while meeting the bands, which stunk, but they took our picture for us. They ended up kind of blurry, but whatever! It's still a picture with Maroon 5! :)

5 comments:

Cari said...

Insane! Winning stuff like that NEVER HAPPENS!

Quincy Sorensen said...

AWESOME! What a FUN FUN FUN night for such cute sisters!

Carly A said...

Super cool and I am super jealous. I'm glad that you guys had fun though :)

candracandra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
candracandra said...

please join my blog